From his first album release in 1969 called An Old Raincoat Won’t Let You Down until today Rod Stewart has had a place in the heart of music lovers in the UK and all over the world. So here is a Rod Stewart Albums List so you can see how prolific he has been over the years.
My own personal favourite albums from Rod are from early in his career. Every Picture Tells a Story and Never a Dull Moment were for me classic albums. I am showing my age by telling you I bought these albums when I was about 16 years old.
Rod Stewart Albums List
What are your favourite Rod albums? Leave a comment below and let me know.
I will list the albums in decades order. I will put his first album in with the 70s list though.
I will name the album, the year and position reached in the chart in the UK and if applicable the US.
- An Old Raincoat Won’t Let You Down (1969) did not chart in the UK
- Gasoline Alley (1970) (69) (27)
- Every Picture Tells A Story (1971) (1) (1)
- Never A Dull Moment (1972) (1) (2)
- Smiler (1974) (1) (13)
- Atlantic Crossing (1975) (1) (9)
- A Night On The Town (1976) (1) (2)
- Foot Loose & Fancy Free (1977) (3) (2)
- Blondes Have More Fun (1978) (3) (1)
- Sing It Again Rod (1973) (1) (31)
- The Best Of Rod Stewart (1976) (18) (90)
- The Best Of Rod Stewart Vol. 2 (1976) did not chart in UK 102 in the US
- Greatest Hits Volume 1 (1979) (1) (22)
Rod With The Faces
- First Step (1970) (45)
- Long Player (1971) (31)
- A Nods Is As Good As a Wink… To a Blind Horse (1971) (2)
- Ooh La La (1973) (1)
- Coast To Coast: Overture and Beginners (credited to Rod Stewart/Faces) (3) (63)
Rod Stewart Albums List
- Foolish Behaviour (1980) (4) (12)
- Tonight I’m Yours (1981) (8) (11)
- Body Wishes (1983) (5) (30)
- Camouflage (1984) (8) (18)
- Every Beat Of My Heart (1986) (5) (28)
- Out Of Order (1988) (11) (20)
Absolutely Live (1982) (35) (46)
- The Best Of Rod Stewart (1989) (3)
- Storyteller – The Complete Anthology 1964 – 1990 (1989) (23) (54)
- Vagabond Heart (1991) (2) (10)
- A Spanner In The Works (1995) (4) (35)
- When We Were The New Boys (1998) (2) (44)
- Unplugged… and Seated (1993) (2) (2)
- Lead Vocalist (1993) (3)
- If We Fall In Love Tonight (8) (19)
- Human (2001) (9) (50)
- It Had To Be You: The Great American Songbook (2002) (8) (4)
- As Time Goes By: The Great American Songbook, Volume ll (2003) (4) (2)
- Stardust: The Great American Songbook, Volume lll (2004) (3) (1)
- Thanks For The Memory: The Great American Songbook Volume lV (2005) (3) (2)
- Still The Same … Great Rock Classics of Our Time (2006) (4) (1)
- Soulbook (2009) (9) (4)
- The Story So Far: The Very Best Of Rod Stewart (2001) (7) (40)
- Changing Faces – The Very Best of Rod Stewart & the Faces The Definitive Collection 1969 – 1974 (2003) (13)
- The 70s Collection (2007) (20)
- The Complete American Songbook Volumes l, ll, lll, lV. (2007) (13)
- Some Guys Have All The Luck/The Definitive Rod Stewart (2008) (19)
- Fly Me To The Moon… The Great American Songbook Volume V (2010) (5) (4)
- Merry Christmas, Baby (2012) (2) (3)
- Time (2013) (1) (7)
- Another Country (2015) (2) (20)
- Blood Red Roses (2018) (1) (62)
- The Best Of… The Great American Songbook (2011) (42) (49)
- Rarities (2013) (35)
- Handbags & Gladrags: The Essential (2018) (39)
- You’re In My Heart: Rod Stewart with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra (2019) (1)
There are affiliate links in this post, if you click the link and make a purchase I will make a small commission at no cost to you. See affiliate disclosure.
As you can see Rod Stewart is still going strong all these years later with a number 1 album last year (2019). Rod will be 76 on the 10th January 2021. If you want to see a list of Rod Stewart singles in the 70s go here.
I hope you enjoyed this Rod Stewart Albums list, if you have leave a comment below. Let me know your memories of Rod, your favourite song, when and where you saw him in concert.
I am trying to build up a community of people who love this decade of music.
I want to get people together to share their memories of the music, their favourite artists and songs of the 70’s. We all have those memories and they come flooding back to you when you hear certain songs don’t they?
P.S. I am currently doing a virtual walk for Prostate Cancer UK, I am doing the length of Route 66 which is 2,278 miles long. I am asking people who donate to help me build my playlist for my walks. If you would like to donate and help me build my playlist please click here. Thanks in advance.
P.P.S 70s music would be best of course but I listen to a bit of 80s too:)