In this article I am going to give you all the information you want with this Rod Stewart songs List. I have seen Rod live 4 times over the years and he still gives a great concert to this day.
I saw him twice at Birmingham NEC, once at Cardiff castle and once at the Millenium Stadium, Cardiff.
When I got married to my wife Gill in 1993 we played You’re In My Heart (The Final Accliam) for our first dance as man and wife. A great song and a great night.
A Rod Stewart Songs List
If we are looking at a Rod Stewart songs list the 1970’s is the place to start. He had most of his big hits between 1971 and 1979, during this decade Rod had 17 top 20 singles, Sailing was a hit twice. He also had 8 solo albums plus a couple of greatest hits albums.
From Gasoline Alley in 1970 to Blondes Have More Fun in 1978 the albums just kept coming with some amazing songs from these albums becoming hit singles.
Roderick David Stewart
Rod was born Roderick David Stewart on the 10th January 1945 in Highgate London. The rest of his family were from Scotland and that is why he is always thought by many to be scottish. Rod’s father had moved to England for work and that is how Rod ended up being born there.
Rod Stewart Songs List – The Singles
Rod first hit single was in 1971 when he released Maggie May, the song soon reached number 1. His final hit of the decade was Ain’t Love A Bitch which reached number 11 in the charts.
Below Is a list of all 17 singles. I have added the name of the song, the year and number the song reached in the charts in the UK..
- Maggie May (1971) (1)
- You Wear It Well (1972) (1)
- Angel/What Made Milwaukee Famous(Has Made A Loser Out Of Me (1972) (4)
- Oh No Not My Baby (1973) (6)
- Farewell – Bring It On Home To Me/You Send Me (1974) (7)
- Sailing (1975) (1)
- This Old Heart Of Mine (1975) (4)
- Tonight’s The Night (1976) (5)
- The Killing Of Georgie (1976) (2)
- Sailing (re-entry) (1976) (3)
- Get Back (1976) (11)
- I Don’t Want To Talk About It/First Cut Is The Deepest (1977) (1)
- You’re In My Heart (1977) (3)
- Hotlegs/I was Only Joking (1978) (5)
- Ole Ola (Mulher Brasileira) (1978) (4)
- Da Ya Think I’m Sexy (1978) (1)
- Ain’t Love A Bitch (1979) (11)
A pretty impressive list I am sure you agree with 5 number 1 singles, he also had a number 1 with Baby Jane in 1983. He still continues to make albums and release singles to this day and long may it continue.
Rod Stewart Songs List – The Albums
As I mentioned already Rod had 8 solo albums in the 1970’s. He also did 4 albums with The Faces, these were First Step in 1970, Long Player and A Nods As Good As A Wink To A Blind Horse in 1971. Finally they did Ooh La La which went to number 1 in the album charts in the UK.
Below is a list of the 8 solo albums, I have added the name of the album, the year and number the song reached in the charts in the UK.
- Gasoline Alley (1970) (62)
- Every Picture Tells A Story (1971) (1)
- Never A Dull Moment (1972) (1)
- Smiler (1974) (1)
- Atlantic Crossing (1975) (1)
- A Night On The Town (1976) (1)
- Foot Loose & Fancy Free (1977) (3)
- Blondes Have More Fun (1978) (3)
Storyteller – The Complete Anthology: 1964–1990
This album contains the very best of Rod Stewart and is the one you should get if you want all the best songs in one place. It was released in November 1989 and has 4 discs. There are 65 tracks of which 5 hadn’t been released before.
Here is a list of the songs on the album.
- Good Morning Little Schoolgirl
- Can I Get A Witness
- So Much To Say
- Little Miss Understood
- I’ve Been Drinking
- I Ain’t Superstitious
- Shapes Of Things
- In A Broken Dream
- Street Fighting Man
- Handbags And Gladrags
- Gasoline Alley
- Cut Across Shorty
- Country Comforts
- It’s All Over Now
- Sweet Lady Mary
- Had Me A Real Good Time
- Maggie May
- Mandolin Wind
- (I Know) I’m Losing You
- Reason To Believe
- Every Picture Tells A Story
- Stay With Me
- True Blue
- You Wear It Well
- I’d Rather Go Blind
- Twistin’ The Night Away
- What Made Milwaukee Famous (Has Made A Loser Out Of Me)
- Oh No Not My Baby
- Pinball Wizard
- Sweet Little Rock ‘N Roller
- Let Me Be Your Car
- You Can Make Me Dance, Sing And Anything
- I Don’t Want To Talk About It
- Stone Cold Sober
- To Love Somebody
- Tonight’s The Night
- The First Cut Is The Deepest
- The Killing Of Georgie (Part 1 And 2)
- Get Back
- Hot Legs
- I was Only Joking
- You’re In My Heart (The Final Acclaim)
- Da Ya Think I’m Sexy
- Oh God, I Wish I Was Home Tonight
- Tonight I’m Yours (Don’t Hurt Me)
- Young Turks
- Baby Jane
- What Am I Gonna Do (I’m So In Love With You)
- People Get Ready
- Some Guys Have All The Luck
- Love Touch
- Every Beat Of My Heart
- Lost In You
- My Heart Can’t Tell You No
- Crazy About Her
- Forever Young
- I Don’t Want To Talk About It
- This Old Heart Of Mine
- Downtown Train
As you can see that is a fairly comprehensive list of songs and I think it is the very best Of Rod Stewart. All in one place too:)
Rod Stewart was knighted in 2016 in the birthday honours list for services to music and charity.
If you have any memories of a Rod concert or anything to do with Rod leave a comment below. You could always reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org . It would be good to get in touch with fellow Rod fans.
If you enjoyed this post, could you pop over to my facebook page and click the like button please. You will then be able to see when I add my latest posts. Thanks in advance. Music Of The 70s facebook page.
I am trying to build up a community of people who love this decade of music.
I want to get people together to share their memories of the music, their favourite artists and songs of the 70’s. We all have those memories and they come flooding back to you when you hear certain songs don’t they?